Head of Product
About the Company
Trella aims to structure and regulate the freight industry with a goal of improving efficiency and reducing waste throughout the entire supply chain. This can only be achieved through building technology to create an interconnected network of carriers and shippers. Through this technology, Trella will improve shipping routes, increase truck utilization and efficiently batch shipments. This will effectively reduce costs throughout the entire supply chain, improving carrier and shipper economics and ensure both ends of the marketplace profitably grow their businesses - creating unprecedented economic opportunities in the logistics space - while reducing environmental waste.
Key Job Purpose
If you get excited by building efficient, scalable platforms that enable new businesses to succeed, this is the perfect role for you. You get to work at the intersection of moving economies through inland and port freight and dive into a new technological era where you can build zero to one projects, develop revolutionary new products, manage integrations, and iterate on existing core products touching millions of lives every day.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Hiring and growing an all star team of PMs.
- Using data-driven methodologies to grow our business while balancing supply and demand.
- Defining and communicating product plan from conception to launch.
- Analyzing the results of a launch and creating the plan to iterate and build new features.
- Prioritizing features based on business impact and available resources.
- Proactively filling communication gaps amongst all team members.
- Contributing to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions.
- Driving product research priorities for the research team.
- Making magic out of the complicated and antiquated freight industry through intense focus on simplification and shipping minimal viable products.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in either computer science/engineering or a quantitative domain like math/stats/physics). Work Experience: 6+ years of relevant experience in product management 3+ years of PM management experience.
What You'll Need:
- Track record of successfully building 0 to 1 products
- Track record of successfully building software platforms and collaborating with partner platform teams
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Technical expertise and the ability to question, understand, and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities.
- Passionate curiosity to learn and adapt to dynamic research, development and industry knowledge
- A bold and optimistic personality: We’re coming to work everyday challenging the status quo, and we’re looking for people comfortable asking bold, quirky questions, along with the mental resilience to know we’re just at the start of a long journey
- Ability to write SQL queries (nice to have)
What We Offer:
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another web app, we’re moving real products and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics regionally.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Learn from the best. Team members come from Tech companies to Consulting to Investment Banking to IT to Marketing
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in an energized office environment
- Strong compensation packages
- Fast-growing team with high growth opportunities to learn new skills
- Ability to work remotely when necessary