Head of Sales
About the Company
Trella aims to structure and regulate the freight industry with a goal of improving efficiency and reducing waste throughout the entire supply chain. This can only be achieved through building technology to create an interconnected network of carriers and shippers. Through this technology, Trella will improve shipping routes, increase truck utilization and efficiently batch shipments. This will effectively reduce costs throughout the entire supply chain, improving carrier and shipper economics and ensure both ends of the marketplace profitably grow their businesses - creating unprecedented economic opportunities in the logistics space - while reducing environmental waste.
Key Job Purpose
In this role, you will be part of a Shipper Platform management team that oversees a growing sales team dedicated to expanding our customer base. This is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of the Trella leadership team. We need an experienced sales professional and business manager to build and develop world class sales teams and strategies and who is passionate about a new kind of sales organization at Trella.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build and run a world class sales organization to enable Trella to scale through high impact programs executed both centrally and locally where appropriate
- Provide the foundation of the sales culture; instilling a culture of focus, integrity and results from the ground up in our teams
- Be a strategic thought partner to our leadership team as we as we accelerate new business growth
- Prepare for the future. Work with our operations and product teams on what the future of Trella will look like
- Understand sales operations processes to build out KPIs, metrics and processes that result in an effective organization.
- Perform quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and analysis
- Be able to execute in short-term sprints while maintaining a vision for long-term sustained success
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, engineering, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear targets for regional strategy
At least 10+ years hands-on management of B2B sales teams across multiple offices and territories
What You'll Need:
- At least 10+ years hands-on management of sales teams across multiple offices and territories
- Exceptional business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders including product and engineering teams in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment
- Portfolio of achievement growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and company goals
- Enthusiastic and motivational leadership established through persuasion leading by example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
What We Offer:
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another web app, we’re moving real products and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics regionally.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Learn from the best. Team members come from Tech companies to Consulting to Investment Banking to IT to Marketing
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in an energized office environment
- Strong compensation packages
- Fast-growing team with high growth opportunities to learn new skills
- Ability to work remotely when necessary