Marketing & Content Specialist
About the Company
Trella aims to structure and regulate the freight industry with a goal of improving efficiency and reducing waste throughout the entire supply chain. This can only be achieved through building technology to create an interconnected network of carriers and shippers. Through this technology, Trella will improve shipping routes, increase truck utilization and efficiently batch shipments. This will effectively reduce costs throughout the entire supply chain, improving carrier and shipper economics and ensure both ends of the marketplace profitably grow their businesses - creating unprecedented economic opportunities in the logistics space - while reducing environmental waste.
Key Job Purpose
As the Marketing & Content Specialist, you own Trella’s strategy, approach, and content marketing. To achieve your objectives, you will be a key stakeholder across product managers engineers, data scientists, and sellers. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a pioneer in the early stages of an exciting startup company!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Media Engagement: Help execute on press outreach, from target lists to pitches to coverage reports. Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with B2B and trade editors.
- Content Creation: Help create engaging content to help fortify Trella's position as a leading technology company in the logistics and freight industry.
- Communication Materials: Work closely with technology PR teams to develop communications materials, with a focus on landing a wide range of placements in both print and digital across verticals.
- PR Programs: Maintain PR programs, manage reoccurring PR meetings and agendas, develop presentations, and produce press coverage and analysis reports as needed.
- Speaking & Awards: Research opportunities; draft award and speaking submissions; manage calendar of events; provide research to teams as needed.
- Marketing: Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns. Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- Analysis: Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Channel Targeting: Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, TV etc.)
- Stakeholder Management: Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns. Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.)
BSc/BA in marketing, communications or equivalent and proven experience as marketing specialist or similar role
What You'll Need:
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite & CRM) and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind
What We Offer:
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another web app, we’re moving real products and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics regionally.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Learn from the best. Team members come from Tech companies to Consulting to Investment Banking to IT to Marketing
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in an energized office environment
- Strong compensation packages
- Fast-growing team with high growth opportunities to learn new skills
- Ability to work remotely when necessary