About the Company
Trella aims to structure and regulate the freight industry with a goal of improving efficiency and reducing waste throughout the entire supply chain. This can only be achieved through building technology to create an interconnected network of carriers and shippers. Through this technology, Trella will improve shipping routes, increase truck utilization and efficiently batch shipments. This will effectively reduce costs throughout the entire supply chain, improving carrier and shipper economics and ensure both ends of the marketplace profitably grow their businesses - creating unprecedented economic opportunities in the logistics space - while reducing environmental waste.
Key Job Purpose
To originate and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creating mechanisms to ensure that we maintain a high talent bar
- Onboarding new employees as quickly and effectively as possible
- Helping us maintain, adapt, and improve our culture as we grow
- Figuring out how to define and measure excellence in how we serve our employees and set them up to do their best work. Then figuring out how to ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to that standard.
- Building and managing multiple listening mechanisms to ensure that all employee voices are heard and represented.
- Supporting our employee resource groups
- Figuring out how to better connect our employees to our mission
- Helping build an inclusive work environment where everyone feels that they can bring their full, authentic self to work
- Ensuring alignment - of values, objectives, priorities - across our growing teams, and building connective tissue across Trella
- Figuring out how to measure and then improve team effectiveness
Bachelor's degree is a must and an M.Sc. is a plus.
What You'll Need:
HR Professional with 4-6 years experience in similar role
- Able to work at a high level of autonomy to manage multiple ongoing issues and complex employee matters with minimum supervision
- Team player with a sense of ownership and "get things done" attitude
- Excitement to work in a startup environment; track record of being adaptable to changing priorities in a fluid, high-growth environment
Familiar with local labor laws in Egypt
Experience running point on full cycle HR responsibilities
Experience supporting multiple client groups
What We Offer:
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another web app, we’re moving real products and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics regionally.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Learn from the best. Team members come from Tech companies to Consulting to Investment Banking to IT to Marketing
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in an energized office environment
- Strong compensation packages
- Fast-growing team with high growth opportunities to learn new skills
- Ability to work remotely when necessary