Supply Operations Specialist
About the Company
Trella aims to structure and regulate the freight industry with a goal of improving efficiency and reducing waste throughout the entire supply chain. This can only be achieved through building technology to create an interconnected network of carriers and shippers. Through this technology, Trella will improve shipping routes, increase truck utilization and efficiently batch shipments. This will effectively reduce costs throughout the entire supply chain, improving carrier and shipper economics and ensure both ends of the marketplace profitably grow their businesses - creating unprecedented economic opportunities in the logistics space - while reducing environmental waste.
Key Job Purpose
We are seeking a sharp, personable, highly-organized Operations Specialist to support our Launch Operations team as we continue to grow our presence in Egypt. This is an opportunity to work with a stellar operations team on the daily functions that are at the core of Trella.
Roles & Responsibilities
Supply Management. Build supply growth targets and implement processes, initiatives and plans. Logistics Handling. Track, order, and disperse equipment across drivers and partners.
Problem Solving. Think of out of the box initiatives to quickly resolve issues as well as improve on existing processes
Process Creation. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps, own processes end-to-end and constantly seek to improve them
Analytics. Analysis of our marketplace and driver behavior to identify and help partners solve problems including their weekly payment of arrears accrued to Trella.
Initiation. Take ownership of your projects and processes
Communication. Develop, implement and improve driver-facing initiatives including the onboarding and retraining drivers
Monitoring. Develop dashboards that allow for the swift detection of fallbacks/issues as they arise as well as monitor progress of projects
Operations Support. Support the Operations team through process improvement, and logistics on city and region wide projects. Interact & support drivers through throughout all stages of onboarding.
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, or a similar analytical field -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- Analytics and excellent excel / google sheets skills. We use data to inform our decisions; You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world
Who You Are:
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly
Speed, resourcefulness, and go getter attitude: Trella is committed to constant improvement
- Customer-obsessed attitude and ability to interact effectively with drivers and handle tough situations
- Communication and collaboration skills - You'll work with drivers as well as different Trella teams in Egypt. You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and creating solutions together
- Business curiosity - you love to learn and constantly seek ways to improve your understanding of the business and the tools you use
- SQL experience is a major plus.
What We Offer:
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another web app, we’re moving real products and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics regionally.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Learn from the best. Team members come from Tech companies to Consulting to Investment Banking to IT to Marketing
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in an energized office environment
- Strong compensation packages
- Fast-growing team with high growth opportunities to learn new skills
- Ability to work remotely when necessary